[yotuwp type=”videos” id=”bH1IGc9zOCA” player=”cc_load_policy=0&iv_load_policy=3″]
5 reasons why your struggling with your breath while singing and speaking
- Your spine is out of alignment
- Your chest is closed
- You’re releasing your breath to quickly
- You’re forcing your breath
- You are not relaxed
THESE 5 STEPS HELPED ME AND MY STUDENTS…
5 STEPS TO BETTER BREATHING
- Position : Make sure you are sitting in a comfortable position or lying down. Keep your spine relaxed. The spine is where we hold our tension and where we have our support system for our entire body. If our spine is out of alignment this could be one of the reasons why your breath may feel shallow or short. There are many ways to align your back. If your back is really sore the best thing to do is lie down flat on the floor, with no matt. A wooden floor is recommended. Slowly allow gravity to move your spine in the most comfortable position. Allow your shoulders to press as far as you can into the floor to allow your chest to open as much possible.
- Stretch out your chest: If you are sitting upright, take a deep breath in through your nose, mouth closed, tongue relaxed, teeth not touching. At the same time, raise your arms out to the sides and keep breathing and raising your arms until you have filled up your lungs as much as you possibly can. If you are lying down, do the same motion, but lying on your back.
- Hold your breath: Hold your breath and slowly move your hands down to the ground. Then allow your body and shoulders to go down as well and relax your belly.
- Hold your breath for 5 seconds.
- Slowly let out the air, surrender and hold the breath for 3 seconds, then go back to normal breathing.
You can repeat this process as many times as you need to. This breathing exercise will make you feel more calm, release tension, bring more energy into your body and teach you how to breathe more deeply and freely. Our breath is our life force.
I hope you got value from this, you can subscribe to me or you can contact me and I will give you a free healing session to the value of $220.